Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Simple Woman’s Daybook

image

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the sun keeps playing hide-n-seek and my dog is faithfully chasing it.

I am thinking... that I am missing some fun at the Fort Ben Adventure Day. . . .

IMG_20110918_160332

filled with horseback riding,

IMG_20110918_161822

IMG_20110918_161814 humvee’ing, 

IMG_20110918_154833

and rolling down hills.

IMG_20110918_171529

In another year. 

This precious one needs to take a nap due to being so busy.

DSC_0014

I am thankful for...  quality date nights with my husband. 

From the learning rooms...  we are participating in a co-op.  I was nervous about this.  Skeptical.  But for now . . . I am thankful we are involved with other precious families.  Our time with these people . . . enriched our week.

DSC_0061

I discovered that termites are interesting creatures and that wasps look a lot like bees . . . but their exoskeleton can only handle so much bombing from youthful hands.

DSC_0012

From the kitchen...  I am excited about making random baby food and juicing with my Vitamix.

I am creating... a lived-in home.

I am going... to go nurse my sweet Naomi in a few minutes and cook up some dinner for my hungry boys that will be returning home from their afternoon of adventure.

I am reading… The Mood Cure (all about healing depression and addiction), Colossians by Kay Arthur, and How To Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.

I am hoping... to stay calm under stress this week.

I am hearing... Naomi, a mosquito, bugs, and a crying child outside.

Around the house...  you can tell it has been a busy, non-work weekend.

One of my favorite things... ice water.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  visit with Emily, go to co-op, love on my Bible Study girls, host a dinner party, write thank you notes, snuggle with my kiddos, drink chicken broth and vegetable smoothies . . . read my Bible. 

And hopefully begin to go to bed at a reasonable time.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

DSC_0039

(I’ll post the link soon!)

blog comments powered by Disqus