Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Word Wednesday: Boys Only

At a recent Boys Only Club event, some local boys were seen being dangerous.

DSC_0366

And it was encouraged.

DSC_0367

If you struggle to allow that little boy of yours to practice hurdling his body through the air (or launching other objects into the sky), I highly recommend you read Wild At Heart by John Eldridge and/or Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson. 

These two books have saved me from being the constant “NO! Mom.”

DSC_0412

So when these boys asked for a napkin, we said, “Be a man . . . wipe it off.”

Kind of.  Well, yes we did say that.  They were in and out of the sprinkler.  Who needs napkins when you are already wet?

DSC_0406

Or toys?

DSC_0399

Even video games?

DSC_0391

When you can play with fire.

DSC_0390

Other boy books:

And that should be enough to get you started on your degree in boys . . .

For other Wordless Wednesday posts that actually have few words . . . visit 5 Minutes for Mom.  I just got carried away.

And I totally spaced that I was supposed to create a list for my Warrior Prayer ladies of boy books . . .

blog comments powered by Disqus