Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Daybook

image

FOR TODAY (tonight):

Outside my window... it grows dark early.  The wind tempts fall to come.  Our first tent flaps, as if to wave the boys into its cozy lair.

I am thinking... that is it better for me to stay in front of the computer screen.  There appears to be a commotion upstairs, and I might provided needed calmness by remaining invisible. 

And I am thinking that we successfully finished Day 1 of school.  Whew.  179 more to go this year.  One day at a time.  One learning moment at a time. 

I think I can.  I think I can.  I think I can.

DSC_0444

I want a nurse like the Darling children have . . . you know . . . like the dog who takes care of Michael, Wendy, and John.  A dog that actually does something – productive.

DSC_0294

I am thankful for...  three-ringed binders that have simplified my life.  A husband who provides organization.  A devoted school room.  Getting out of bed before the children to spend time in the Word.  Weekends filled with boys, friends, and a tiny bit of relaxing. 

From the learning rooms...  Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear?  The letter R.  The double plus 1 math rule.  Copy work.  Narration.  Memorization.  Learning that soooooo fits us.  We have found a home for our brains called Classical Education.

From the kitchen...  fresh hummus was made for dinner along with Bhindi from the garden.

I am creating . . . . lesson plans.

I am going . . . . to get milk at the farm. 

I am reading . . .  Money Secrets of the Amish . . . which is SURPRISINGLY good and funny!  Giveaway soon!

. . . my Bible along with my study on Matthew with Simply Sarah and Bold Turquoise

Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie . . . plus a few other books. 

I am hoping . . . .to mop my wood floors and hang out with some sweet girls at church tomorrow night.  If not, I shall plan for next week’s school.  Or rest. 

I am hearing... the Engineer read from The Silver Chair as the boys pretend to fall asleep.

Around the house...  dust is accumulating.

One of my favorite things... hearing Naomi’s new sounds . . . watching her pull up successfully for the first time today . . . when my son’s understand how to do something they thought was impossible . . . chatting with the Engineer . . . receiving fun emails.

DSC_0446

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . school.  Remaining calm and collected . . . in the Word. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing . . . .

DSC_0433

All I need is a fat ribbon.  I made these for our front door.  All ingredients are from the garden.  It’s not profession, but it is hand-made. 

blog comments powered by Disqus