Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Harvest Before the Move

At first I was offended when my father-in-law said to me, “I sure hope you don’t see your harvest this year.”

Excuse me?

But then I realized that he meant that he hoped we had sold our house and moved before I could see the fruit of my labor in the garden.

Well, he will only get part of his wish.

We have had a little bit of a harvest.  You saw my garlic.  But we also ate some tomatoes on our sandwiches last night and there is a nice cucumber waiting to be dipped into homemade hummus.

garden 003

And I can’t forget to mention the onions . . . since they seem to be hanging to dry everywhere in our house.

garden 012

Thanks, God.

Oh, and guess what?  Our new house already has a raised bed just waiting for some good compost!  Yahoo!

How is your harvest coming along?  I’d love to hear . . . especially if you square foot garden! 

blog comments powered by Disqus