Friday, July 16, 2010

Shades of Morning: A Review

image

Shades of Morning by Marlo Schalesky is definitely a great summer vacation read.  It was one of those books that I stayed up entirely too late reading. 

Main character, Marnie Wittier, left her former life behind to start over in a new location.  However, her past followed her many years later.  Surprise!  She discovers that she has full custody of her sister’s son, who unfortunately died.  We embark on this journey with Marnie as she discovers how to care for a child she never knew about and who offers some challenges.   With the child comes the attorney handling all of her sister’s affairs, Marnie’s former boyfriend, who she never stopped caring about.

And with that . . . I’m not going to tell you anymore because there is a twist at the end!  I will warn you though, the twist isn’t entirely realistic, but it does wrap the story up with heartwarming feelings.

Note:  I received the book for free.  I do not have to return it nor was I paid for this post. 

blog comments powered by Disqus