Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Simple Woman’s Daybook (5)

image

FOR TODAY:  Sunday, October 10,  2010

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.  (Philippians 2:3,4)

Outside my window... I see the birth pool cover drying, leaves cascading down from their woody heights, and rakes strewn across the yard by tired boys.

I am thinking... that 10-10-10 would make a cool date to have a birthday on.  Easy to remember.

I am thankful for...  the breakfast in bed and coffee that the Hottie made me, a quiet afternoon to sit, sunshine, and the amazing Fall leaves that we saw on our way to church this morning. 

From the learning rooms...  we will learn about the Letter C, make another lapbook (either Caps for Sale or The Carrot Seed), plow through the last of Saxon Phonics K (roughly 20 more assignments left), and continue to work on character. 

From the kitchen...  sourdough starter is warming up, fruit is ripening, and semi-healthy chocolate chip cookies are waiting to be made.

I am creating... a baby, with the help of God, and hopefully I will get motivated to write some lesson plans for next week and beyond.

I am going... to finish my Bible in 90 Days . . . blog, go on a walk at Fort Benjamin State Park, enjoy my family, and try and decide what God would have me study next in my Bible.

I am reading… the Bible, Frankenstein for Book Club, a birth book by Michele Odent, and a gazillion other books.

I am hoping... that my SCOBY looks beautiful this week so that I can pass it on to Carla; that Sweet Pea inherits the Hottie’s hair; and that Mussie’s growth isn’t returning at her incision site.

I am hearing... the washing machine and the Hottie explain football to his sons.  (However, I was listening to Switchfoot earlier . . . and have come to the conclusion that I like them.  Their lyrics represent the reality of a believer.  I’ve included my latest favorite song at the end of this post.)

Around the house...  everything is ready.

One of my favorite things... fresh water in the birth tub, cool days, breakfast in bed, swept floors, random hugs, productive contractions.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I am making no concrete plans.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Notice the random hose coming from our bedroom window . . . that simply isn’t normal.

CSN 026 

. . . unless you happen to have a large tub in your room and a need to water your dry grass. 

CSN 024

Link up and read more daybooks at Peggy's blog.

Mess of Me,

by Switchfoot—listen to it here . . .

I am my own affliction
I am my own disease
There ain't no drug that they could sell
Ah, there ain't no drug to make me well
There ain't no drug
There ain't no drug
There ain't no drug, it's not enough
The sickness is myself
I made a mess of me
I wanna get back the rest of me
I made a mess of me
I wanna spend the rest of my life alive
I made a mess of me
I wanna get back the rest of me
I made a mess of me
I wanna spend the rest of my life alive
The rest of my life alive
We lock our souls in cages
We hide inside our shells
It's hard to free the ones you love
Oh, when you can't forgive yourself
Yeah, forgive yourself
There ain't no drug
There ain't no drug
Ah, there ain't no drug
The sickness is myself
I made a mess of me
I wanna get back the rest of me
I made a mess of me
I wanna spend the rest of my life alive
I made a mess of me
I wanna reverse this tragedy
I made a mess of me
I wanna spend the rest of my live alive
The rest of my life alive
Right, there ain't no drug
There ain't no drug
There ain't no drug
No drugs to make me well
There ain't no drug
It's not enough
I'm breaking up
The sickness is myself
The sickness is myself
I made a mess of me
I wanna get back the rest of me
I made a mess of me
I wanna spend the rest of my life alive
I made a mess of me
I wanna reverse this tragedy
I made a mess of me
I wanna spend the rest of my live alive
The rest of my life alive

blog comments powered by Disqus