Monday, October 18, 2010

Sweet Pea’s Debut

We would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family, born early this morning.

Rather suddenly.  But with great joy and relief.  Never knew you could  basically skip the whole laboring part and go to birth!

 

DSC_0128

Having had many practice starts, I was at first skeptical to announce that I was in labor.  But after waking up a 2:10 AM, with the realization that I had to move . . . I knew.

This baby was going to be born soon.

And she was.

3:21 AM, with only the Hottie, Mussie, and (of course) myself, present. 

My mom, Lynda (my midwife), and Blythe (Lynda’s assistant) were well on their way. 

Except Sweet Pea decided to travel a more direct and quicker route. 

Perhaps what brought joy to my heart most was being able to share Sweet Pea with her big brothers when they woke up..

DSC_0105

They very much already adore her.

DSC_0108

 

DSC_0109

 

DSC_0135

Well, I need another nap.  If you have any prayer requests, send them my way – I’ll be up a lot at night, with only God and Sweet Pea to talk to! 

blog comments powered by Disqus