Monday, October 4, 2010

Libman Mop: A Review

I’ve never been one to mop.  At our old house, I swept the floor with a broom almost daily.  I had too because our deck was level with the dog door, and good ‘ol Mussie tracked in a lot of debris.

But mopping . . . that was a quarterly thing.  Or a “company is coming” task.

Seriously, who wants to go out to the garage, fill the bucket with water, and drag the sloshing liquid all around the kitchen?   After flapping the strings around the designated dirty surface, I had to figure out what to do with the dirty water.  No thanks!

Praise the Lord, we moved into our new house which is filled with wood floors and tile.  I thought my boys were wearing black shoes until I realized that their feet were filthy from the floors.

Lovely.

I decided that it was time to become a responsible homeowner and I had to mop.  Ugh.  How do you clean wood floors?  Thankfully my mom taught me her trick and my MIL hooked me up with the necessary supplies.  Said gift works great. 

But . . .

I had a chance to review the Libman mop through the Mom’s Bloggers Club Review Team, and I couldn’t resist.  You see, we have enough flooring that by having two different kinds of floor cleaning tools, I can store one mop upstairs and one mop downstairs.

Not to mention that  by having two similar products, it allows my children to help me, and/or even work together cleaning the floors. 

Much to my delight, the Libman mop arrived on my doorstep less than 48 hours after signing up to do the review. 

And I didn’t have to put it together.  Bonus. 

Letter U 074

Included with the mop was an extra  microfiber cleaning pad.  It can be machine washed up to 50 times and is safe on any floor.

Letter U 075

I was interested to see how the mop would work dry, simply using it as a duster.  The mop that my MIL had given me, is a fabulous fuzzy pad that seriously makes you want to rub it against your face--it is so soft—like a minky blanket.  Not only does my MIL’s gift look pretty, but it dusts the floor well.

Are you curious how the Libman compared to my MIL’s gift?

The microfiber cleaning pad started out white.

Letter U 077

Notice the massive amount of Velcro on back of this pad.   There is no way this bad boy is coming off of the mop head, even with vigorous elbow grease.

Letter U 076

After taking a cursory stroll around our school room, the white pad changed to a nice grey. 

Letter U 078

I was adequately pleased, but felt that the Libman was a bit harder to push around for simple dusting than the fuzzy mop from my MIL.  Additionally, there were still some lint pieces left on the floor.

Don’t stop reading yet. 

The cool thing about the Libman that the Granola Mom in me REALLY likes is the fact that I can use ANY type of cleaner I want in the easy to use, removable bottle. 

Like water.  Or vinegar and water.  Or water with a hint of an essential oil.  The sky is the limit! 

Letter U 079

However, on this particular occasion I actually used Tropical Traditions Benefect, because my dog had barfed all over the school room floor that morning. 

Whatever liquid remains unused, I can dump and refill the container with another product—which will typically be plain ‘ol water for me. 

The results—a dirty microfiber pad and a white tile floor!  No black feet!

Letter U 080    

Am I happy?  You bet! 

  • I didn’t have to put the mop together
  • I can use my own solution
  • the handle is easy to use to spray out the liquid
  • and I can trust my children to use this product because only a little amount of liquid is sprayed at a time. 

Do I use this product to dust my floor?  Umm, no.  I’ll stick with my fuzzy mop that looks rather fashionable to push. 

The Libman will be wet moping my school room on a regular basis, though!

This blog post was brought to you through my membership to the Mom Bloggers Club.  I was not paid for this post, nor do I have to give the Libman mop back.  It is mine to keep and I was encouraged to write my honest opinion about this product. 

In fact, I think you should go buy this mop if you have some hardwood floors or tile.  Easy to use and environmentally friendly.  Check them out on Facebook! You can find the Libman mop between $19.99 and $24.99, depending on how savvy of a shopper you are!  Reasonable, considering how easy they make housework!

blog comments powered by Disqus