Monday, October 4, 2010

B90x: Almost There

Inchimals 024

I desperately, frantically read last week.  And read some more. And then read some more.  I read until late at night.  I read in the spa Sweet Pea’s birth tub.  I read on the couch.  I read to the boys while they played in Sweet Pea’s tub.  I read while Smiley took a bath.  I banned myself from all things fiction.

But I still have 8 days left of my Bible in 90 Days

Even though the deadline has come and gone.  I will finish this goal.  I’m so close. 

And I still have to obey what the Lord told me:  read the Bible from cover to cover before Sweet Pea is born.  Even though we have decided on her name, I want to honor my Lord. 

Plus, all of this time in the Word, has made me a better daughter to the King, a wife, and a mother . . .  I think, at least. 

Favorite verses from my recent readings:

  • Man does not life on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.  (Matthew 4:4)
  • Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  (Matthew 6:27)
  • Ephphatha!  (Which means, “Be opened!”)  Ahem.
  • For my Father’s will is that EVERYONE who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:40)
  • A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.  (John 16:21)
  • I’d love for my face to be likened to an angel like Stephen’s in Acts 6:15.  Because it MOST CERTAINLY didn’t come even close to that today.
  • And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  (Romans 8:28)
  • If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31a)

The Hottie asked me what my new goal is going to be.  Will I take 8 days to finish this . . . or push the throttle and complete it in less that that?  I told him that this post was supposed to decide that.

But I think that tonight, I shall let God decide.  I’d like think that I’m going to have a baby tonight. 

Alas, no signs of that on the horizon, though. 

I know . . . patience. 

blog comments powered by Disqus