Monday, October 11, 2010

If You Give A Mom A Book: Waiting For Baby

Photobucket

I found this book almost 5 years ago, shortly before Sir Honey was born.  I was pregnant and at the library book sale.   Overly concerned how my first born would react to being a big brother, I desperately wanted to prepare him for the radical change that was about to occur. 

Over the years, this book has become one of our VERY favorite stories.


image
So, we read it as a family last night.  I think we all thought it would bring on the birth pains that God talks about occurring when you least expect it. 

If you give a mom a book 009

Anyhoodle, the book is about little Max who is impatiently waiting for his sister to arrive. 

If you give a mom a book 028

As the days become a week, finally the family goes on a long walk . . .

If you give a mom a book 030

Which we did . . . (partially because I wanted to capture the fall colors with Willow, my camera.)

If you give a mom a book 044

**********

If you give a mom a book 063

**********

If you give a mom a book 065    
**********

If you give a mom a book 058

**********

If you give a mom a book 047
And I even made some cookies, just like in the book.

If you give a mom a book 031

**********

If you give a mom a book 003

(Which actually taste better as frozen dough, not that I just had some dough or anything.)

If you give a mom a book 020

Moral of the story:  If you give a mom a book, she just might bake some cookies, go on a walk, or have a baby (not!). 

What did you read to yourself or to your child this week?  See my guidelines to link up!  Leave me a comment when you do! 

Actually, due to the fact that I rarely have anyone link up with this meme, I’m not going to include a MckLinky.  But if you have read a fun book and blog about it – be sure to leave your link in a comment! 

blog comments powered by Disqus