Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Simple Woman’s Daybook

image



FOR TODAY: 

Outside my window... the flowers are silently yelling at the atmosphere for the harsh conditions they are being exposed to.  (I contributed to the clamoring. . . but didn’t protest silently.) 

It’s just not right to have snow resting on the slide where less than 24 hours ago little boys ran tractors down the blue plastic.

I am thinking... my regular subscribers must wonder what is up with the flurry of giveaways going on and my deviation from my normal broadcasting. 

I’m wondering.  Not.  Well . . . a little.  Many of you have faithfully been with me for such a long time.

Kind of a long time. 

Is 3 years long in the blogging world?

It’s all part of my plan.

Oh, did anyone remember that I have yet to answer the question I posed for my “So Dialogues?”

The answer is coming.

I am thankful for...  homemade chicken broth and little boys who pretended that today was my 1/2 birthday. 

Does that say something that they decided to celebrate my pretend 1/2 birthday instead of my pretend real birthday?

1/2 birthdays must be more important.

From the learning rooms...  a success.  Our kitchen table is working well.  We took a trip to Earth today.  It was a pretty short ride.  We tolerated Mercury until night time and Venus was simply too hot! 

From the kitchen...  I am creating a new flavor of water kefir soda . . . blueberry!

I am creating... sprouts for the garden. A legacy for my children.  Memories with my husband. 

I am going... to go the the home school conference next week.  Surprise for me.  I had planned on going to the Indy one.  But we’ve ditched that plan. 

And I need to go grocery shopping.  We are having company coming and I failed to plan ahead.

I also have a date with Ruth to puppy kindergarten again.  Don’t tell Ruth’s teacher that Ezra was eye level with her.  He might get mad.

007


I am reading… the NLT Bible at night chronologically and the GAPS book that I picked up at the library yesterday. 

I really want to join in with the Spring Into Reading blog posts . . .

image

I am hoping... to make Emily’s sling this weekend . . . and plant more seeds in the greenhouse.

I am hearing... the dishwasher, two monitors, and my dog giving herself a bath.

Around the house...  people are sleeping.

One of my favorite things... silence.  And knowing I didn’t eat too much.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . maybe do art with the boys tomorrow, take a trip to Whole Foods, and have a date with the Hottie.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... chocolate carrot cake . . . for Ezra’s 1/2 birthday . . . and also part of the next giveaway.

004
blog comments powered by Disqus