Sunday, March 6, 2011

The So Dialogues

The conversation always seems harmless enough.

It begins with us meeting over coffee at Starbucks, or you coming to my house for chai, or even dinner with our spouses and offspring.

In that case, we do our best to overwhelm you. 

If we have reached dessert and you haven’t heard, “Soooooooo . . . .” from me, you just might think that you have escaped.

Then there is silence.

A perfect time for me to inject, “Soooooooo . . . what was the best and worst part of your week?”

  • Have you read any good books?
  • Tell me something new that you have learned.
  • If you could be a toilet or a trashcan, which would you be?
  • How did you meet?
  • What is your favorite music?
  • Do you like U2?

Questions.

I ask a lot of questions.  Probably about as many questions as …….. (dots) that you see on my blog. 

(Whenever you see the …….. (dots) realize that it really reflects how I speak in life.  I often stop midsentence and pose my question differently or redirect my thought.  My IRL dialogue is very . . . disjointed . . . . jumpy . . . .emotionally charged . . . . passionate.)

And so . . . because I still plan on being me . . . and I haven’t barfed my thoughts on you in about two weeks, I figured it was time to begin some dialogue. 

Some realness.

Except, it will be one-sided.  Until you respond.  (By the way, PLEASE log in to DISQUE so that you receive my comments back to you.) Or you blog about it. 

My questions will be simple.  But simple questions aren’t always easy to answer.

I’m warning you.

These will be questions to further draw you into a community.  A fellowship. 

You don’t have to be a certain sex, race, or religiosity to answer my questions.  But you do have to be respectful and clean.

Some people who respond you may actually know in-real-life (IRL). Some you may meet at a blogging conference.  Some may be your connection to the adult world  while you are surrounded by children from 8am – 6pm. 

Real people.  Real questions.  Because I am curious. 

I’m open to hear what questions you would like me to ask and have answered by myself and others.

Hint, hint:  this would be a good time for the Hottie to make a guest appearance.  What questions would you like to ask him?

But for now . . . question #1:  What make believe games did you play when you were a child? 

I’ll tell you about mine on Thursday.  (It’s pathetic.  Really pathetic.)

Potential future questions: 

  • What is your favorite childhood vacation?
  • Where do you blog?
  • When did you first have coffee and why?
  • Why do you blog?
  • Who is Jesus?
  • Why do you like your favorite pair of jeans?
blog comments powered by Disqus