Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Simple Woman’s Daybook

image


FOR TODAY: 

Outside my window... there is a moth fluttering, grass greening, and spot lights on to welcome the boys home from AWANA.

asher's 463(FYI . . . Sparky came to our house this week.  He had his own photo shoot.)

I am thinking... what on earth can I feed Ezra in the morning that doesn’t have calcium in it, and that I can’t wait for a full-fledged spring, and that I have NOTHING green to wear tomorrow. 

Normally, I wouldn’t care. 

But my friend, Nicole, deemed it field trip day in honor of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade.  I am thinking that a total stranger just might pinch me, all in good fun.  (Not my kind of fun – so don’t pinch me, Hottie.)

Since I care for God’s creation, I need to have green on . . . because I DETEST being pinched.  I am afraid that I might retaliate and punch said individual who pinched me.  (It all goes back to Santa Clause . . . he used to pinch my cheeks, when I was a kid, that is.)  Maybe I have some unresolved issues.

I am thankful for...  sunshine, the one lone sprout emerging in my greenhouse, chocolate almond milk, and when Ruthie naps (for those new to my blog, Ruthie is our Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy).

050

From the learning rooms...  we have established a new routine.  Immediately following breakfast the boys have to complete their handwriting, Stick Figure Bible from Grapevine Studies, and I am going to add Science to the line-up tomorrow.   (Asher is also doing a daily math page from Timberdoodle.)

From the kitchen...  I bought extra cabbage to ferment some sauerkraut since my last batch is almost fully devoured.  I’m going to begin curing a brisket in the hopes that if I actually follow the instructions it will become corned beef. 

Yes, I know I’m a little late.  We are supposed to have corned beef tomorrow.   But I’m not Irish.  (The Hottie is . . . and our children.  I guess I’m outnumbered.)

I can eat Corned Beef whenever I want.

By the way, does anyone know what celery water is?  Can I just pulverize celery and water?

I am creating... milk (still), dirty dishes, and plants (with the help of the Lord.)

I am going... to see my AWANA boys soon and my friend Tina (in a few weeks)!!!!!!

I am reading… my list is too long these days.  Still the $64 Tomato, The Missionary, the Bible (of course), 1000 Gifts (as a devo with the Hottie). . .

I am hoping... to workout 5 days this week, lose 2 lbs, get my camera back, and sew a sling for a sweet gal named Emily.

I am hearing... Naomi’s monitor ding incessantly because it is out of range.

Around the house...  there is dust.

One of my favorite things... a meal that receives accolades and a good conversation with the Hottie.

011

A few plans for the rest of the week:  a parade, a visit with a friend, puppy kindergarten, fermenting, hopefully a date night movie, and planting more seeds. 

014

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... I already gave you some photos . . . but if you insist.

094

Link up and read more daybooks at Peggy's blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus