Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Unexpected

GO

There are some things in this life -- my life -- that are surprises.  I didn’t think I would like them.  Relish in them.

DSC_0108

Four children.

Seeing the dog, body tension filled, ready to unleash her energy in one bound upon the innocent little birds in our backyard.  Watching a flutter of activity, feathers flying as yet . . . once again, Ruth was too slow.

Digging my feet into sofa cushions.

Relishing, being deliriously happy, even encouraging a community of mothers to endure the decree . . . give birth naturally.  Without intervention.  Without dulling the senses.  Experiencing all aspects of birth.

There was a moment . . . it lasted maybe 32 seconds where I told the Engineer that I hated him.  In that moment I realized that I was going to give birth to my Pleasant Word alone . . . without my beloved midwife.

Delighting in seeing a figure clad in black . . . and the token streak of purple barreling down a step incline, enlisting gravity to help him descend the mighty mountains clad in white snow.  And I trailing behind . . . doing my best to show him that I . . . I am a brave wife . . . courageous enough to partner with him in feeding three testosterone rich saplings. 

Enjoying Indian food.  So much so that when the call to move there descended into our marriage . . . I agreed.  Changed.  Never to same woman again.

STOP.

How I want to linger here . . . so many unexpected moments that make for rich snapshots in my history.

Linking up with IRL Lisa-Jo . . .

blog comments powered by Disqus