Friday, November 4, 2011

Remember

GO

The room was always dark, save for the flickering TV screen.  I laid stretched out on the couch. 

DSC_0072

Pretending to be barely able to move.

Hoping that when my mom arrived from a visit to the pharmacy that she would remember me.  How could she forget?  She was getting yet another prescription . . . for me. 

But . . . would she remember a coloring book perchance?  Or an orange push-up pop (back in the days when I was just a kid . . . not concerned about it if was organic).

I needn't have worried.  My mom always remembered.

One time . . . when I had the worst case of chicken pox she disguised my beloved stuffed animal, named with a very original name – Dog – as a mangy mutt riddled with the same complications.  Dog wasn’t left with scars, though.

Campbell's chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese, toast with butter accompanied by Inspector Gadget, Mr. Ed, Wonder Woman, Oprah, Casper, Scooby Doo, Fat Albert, Rocky and Bullwinkle

Passing the time.  My substitute teacher for the last month of kindergarten.

STOP

P.S.  I gandered over to Hulu to see if they had any of my old cartoons available for view.  Low and behold  . . . they do.

The boys are watching Inspector Gadget.  I was informed by Gabe, before the show even started, that this was his favorite one.

And Asher . . . made me howl.  “Mom, you didn’t watch this when you were a kid.  This is in color.  Your shows were in black and white.”

For those of you who don’t know me . . . I am NOT that old.

Linking up with Lisa-Jo from The Gypsy Mama . . . an IRL acquaintance.  I *heart* 5 Minute Fridays!

blog comments powered by Disqus