Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting Ready: The 90 Day Challenge

Bible in 90 Days- join in July 2010

I don’t want you to miss out.  So I am telling you a week before this Bible event takes place. 

It could be in your own home.

Your favorite chair.

And the perfect cup of coffee or chai. 

I am going to challenge you.  When my bloggy friend, Jolanthe, read through the Bible in 90 days a few months ago . . . at first I was like . . . come on Jolanthe . . . do you have to tell us everything you are learning?  How can you be so stinkin’ excited for 90 days?

And then I realized why her blog posts grated on my nerves (sorry, Jolanthe—hope it makes you laugh, though). 

I was convicted.  I knew that I was supposed to be doing this very thing.

When I found out another round of accountability was presenting itself to me – and I could BLOG about it, I knew I had to do this.

I have already told you how I have been feeling stirred and convicted to really prepare my heart for Sweet Pea’s arrival.  I know that having four children won’t change anything (business already abounds) but yet it will change everything.

There will be another female in the house.  (Mussie doesn’t count.  She’s spayed.) 

Brian ultimately has the role of training our boys in the art of manliness and godly leadership, but I have the honor of raising up a little girl in homemaking, purity, godly submission, modesty, sewing, essentially all things Proverbs 31.

So reading the Bible all the way through takes me pretty close to her due date.  Pretty neat.  Coincidence? I think not.

July 5 is just around the corner. 

Oh, I did buy a new bible for this . . . I found the Bible in 90 Days on www.walmart.com.  Why Wal-Mart?  It was the cheapest and had this insanely low shipping rate.  (Plus, my sister-in-law had given me a gift card to Wal-Mart for my birthday.) 

You don’t have to buy a new bible.  You can read it on your Droid (like Brian will be), listen to it, or use a piece of paper that has the plan on it that you stick in your old bible. 

But I know what motivates me.  Yes, I know that the excitement of God’s word should be enough, but there is something about a new book, clean pages, a blank slate. 

And I just think a lot of things are going to be happening in the next 90 days.  I want a book dedicated to this 90 day journey.

To find out more, head on over to Mom’s Toolbox

blog comments powered by Disqus