Friday, June 18, 2010

If You Give A Mom A Book

After my marathon day of blogging yesterday . . . I am typed out.  But it is If You Give A Mom A Book day. 

image

And I didn’t want to disappoint you all . . . because I know that more of you are going to link up this week! 

In our household, it has been VBS week.  Two huge praises that are a direct result of our church having VBS are

  1. I have gotten to spend way more time with Mr. Smiley – something that he almost never gets except for bed times.
  2. Mr. Smackdown and Sir Honey have talked MORE about the songs and stories at VBS, than the snacks.  That is HUGE!  They are feasting on the Word of God instead of man-made snacks!  YES!!!!!

OK . . . one more. 

I have gotten to fellowship with other moms significantly more this week. And it has been nice. 

School?        . . . has pretty much been nonexistent. 

We did go to the library yesterday . . . got some points . . . sold those points for one of those nasty-geko I’m overly processed and going to upset your stomach because of my fake colors pieces of candy, a bowling pass, and one wiggly porcupine that Smiley refuses to touch.

So we’ve read some books . . . but I’m blogged out.  I’m photo-edited out.

I’m going to make it easy on myself. 

These are the books we read this morning before VBS:

  • Billy Twitters and his Blue Whale Problem by Mac Barnett (slightly humorous book about a boy who is forced to drag a blue whale around due to not obeying his mother).
  • Froggy Rides A Bike by Jonathan London (I really think that Froggy is an unthankful creature, but Mr. Smackdown thinks Froggy’s way of saying thanks in frog-speak is “yippee.”
  • A Kiss Goodbye by Audrey Penn (part of the Kissing Hands series I told you about – great book if you are getting ready to move to a new home).
  • Delilah D. At the Library by Jeanne Willis (fun book about a little girl’s imagination at the library, obviously).

And on my personal shelf, I started SEVERAL books and plan to start the ones I haven't started.  Will I ever learn?

  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
  • The New Hide or Seek by James Dobson
  • Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
  • Say Goodbye to Whining by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller
  • Keep the Sibling, Lose the Rivalry by Todd Cartmell
  • The Sunny Side by A.A. Milne
  • The Heart Mender by Andy Andrews
  • Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Susan Buckley
  • Bringing Up Girls by James Dobson

What did you read?  Check out my guidelines and be sure to link up!

Technorati Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus