Thursday, June 10, 2010

Outside Play

I love the outdoors.  So you would think that it is a no-brainer for me to send my children outdoors.  But yet, I don’t do it. 

Field Day 001 (Jump thru 3 hula-hoop's, climb the wall, slide down the slide.)

Now, if the Hottie is home—it isn’t uncommon for us to go on a bike ride, family walk, or nature hike. 

Otherwise . . .

We are inside a lot.  I will say that our windows are open, though.

Field Day 002 (Shoot the ball three times.)

Maybe it’s because we don’t have a fence. 

Or watching Smiley and keeping up with him is a never ending task.

I’m working hard to change this laziness on my part.

Field Day 005 (Hit the ball and retrieve it.)

Last Friday I instituted a field day.  For the most part, it was a success.  I placed multiple stations around the yard and they had to run to each one and complete the task.

But . . . the three boys pretty much got stuck at one station. 

Field Day 003 (By the way, this is a great way to water your wetland!)

Need I say more?

It became a water fountain to the youngest.

Field Day 026

Field Day 043

Field Day 023 (Slide down the slip-n-slide – or attempt to.)

Meanwhile, I enjoyed playing with my camera. 

Field Day 056

The variety of clouds and how quickly they were changing, was pretty awesome to behold.

And grass . . . I heart pictures of grass.

Field Day 048

Oh, one more.  Our flowers are in full bloom!  Now why won’t that entice someone to buy our house?

Field Day 060  

What do you do with your children outdoors when you are home alone?

Technorati Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus