Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Daybook (2)

FOR TODAY:  Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.  Hebrews 2:1

Outside my window... it is raining, raining, raining.  How can there be so much moisture and noise coming from one place for such a long time?

I am thinking... it is a miracle that my children have been sleeping through the storms recently.  I am also kicking myself for forgetting to pick milk up at the farm on my way home from book club last night.  Plain tea just isn’t chai.

I am thankful for... a great doctor appointment with the boys yesterday, as our physician encouraged us to keep doing what we were doing --and that we don’t have to go back except for next year’s well visit, unless sickness enters our house.

From the learning rooms... a great afternoon of school yesterday!  Yahoo!  Dinner wasn’t ready last night when the Hottie got home, but school had been completed.  We made butterflies with glitter, read 4 library books, studied and created the Letter X, worked on Saxon Phonics, alphabetized, and kept most everyone happy!

From the kitchen...   I have sprouted wheat berries in the dehydrator, sauerkraut sitting on the fridge fermenting (only because I can’t stand the thought of dumping it just because I don’t like the kelp smell – thanks Bridgett!), kombucha resting in the family room, rye sourdough starter collecting yeast from the air, and one water kefir soda creating bacteria next to Nemo (our goldfish) while the other brew makes carbonation near the sink. 

I am creating... work for my blog designer, Jessica of The Frilly Coconut, to create tabs and a pull down menu to clean up my blog and make it easier to navigate.

I am going... to exercise.  I must exercise.  And try to mail some Paperback Swap books. Perhaps snuggle with Sir Honey.  Visit with my mom.  Teach some school.  Read.  Try to go to bed earlier. 

I am reading... Shades of Morning by Marlo Schalesky, The Bible, The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace, Shane by Jack Schafer,  and Wild Fermentation by Sandor Katz.

I am hoping... that the people who looked at our house on Sunday will make an offer; that Sweet Pea’s gentle business is indicative of her God-given blessings of being a future wise woman as found in Proverbs 31, and that my new Bible I order for reading the Bible in 90 days arrives today!  Can you believe it . . . I found it online at Wal-Mart! 

I am hearing... my neighbor’s air conditioner, Smiley’s monitor, and the ticking of my grandmother’s clock.

Around the house... it is clean.  And orderly. Thanks to the hubby for doing dishes last night. 

One of my favorite things... is a good cup of chai and a belly that doesn’t hurt from being big.

A few plans for the rest of the week: go to the library, swim, work in the garden, work on cleaning up my blog, planning for school, sew a sling and a wrap. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Triathalon 131Smiley is raising his hand while saying, “Me!” in response to the question, “Who wants ice cream?”  By the way, he is dressed up as a train conductor for our Father’s Day celebration at my parent’s house. 

Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine (does kombucha count?).  They are to teach what is good, and so train young women to love what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.  (Titus 2: 3-5)

Link up and read more daybooks at Peggy's blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus