Thursday, November 5, 2009

30 Days of Thanks: Day 5

Connie, over at From the Heart of My "Haus" is celebrating 30 days of Thanks during the month of November. Be sure to visit her blog and link up with us as we celebrate God's goodness.

Photobucket

I am thankful for . . .

  1. the two little boys who feel asleep on the couch this afternoon. I am thankful that I listened to my mothering instinct and just let them curl up on the couch. They look precious. It is always a gift to catch your children sleeping so sweetly, snuggled in safely under a parent's watch.
  2. our outing into the woods for our Nature Explorers lesson.
  3. talking with my friend, Tina, who was very patient as I continually interrupted her to spot a nest, roll a log back, or unhook the boys from thorns.
  4. It is an honor to be famous for a brief moment in time with an article published about what God has done in and through our family.
  5. Lord willing, I will be having some fun fondue tonight--though the sleeping boys are slightly cramping my housekeeping responsibilities right now.
  6. Praise God for giving people talent to create classical music. Beautiful music is wafting throughout our house along with the smell of a baked pumpkin.
  7. I finally washed my favorite brown hooded sweatshirt.
  8. Nemo is still alive.
  9. I actually woke up early (5:30 AM) and spent some time in the Word BEFORE the boys woke up. Precious. It fueled me for the day. I love the Psalms.
  10. My dishwasher may not work, but I have running water to wash my dishes by hand. (Is it wrong to pray that H.H. Gregg or some famous dishwasher company would give me a new dishwasher to review? Am I getting greedy?)

Please leave a thankful comment at these lovely ladies who are also blogging about thankfulness . . .
Are any of my flesh-in-blood, I can give you a hug, blogging friends thankful? I haven't heard from you . . . hint hint.


Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

Mmmmm, fondue! I love fondue!

Sarah said...

I just wrote some! http://sarah-proverbs226.blogspot.com/2009/11/thankfulness.html

melanie said...

Mmmm, mmm, music =)
Thanks for the reminder - just turned on some lovely harp concertos...

Conny said...

glad you washed that sweatshirt ;) (just kidding!) ... and on the dishwasher, I totally think it is ok to wish/hope/pray for a new one to be given to you for reviewing purposes! Our broke about a year ago - and I contacted the maker (Frigidaire) and shared my disappointment. I was hoping to just vent - but they gave me a 70% rebate even though I'd owned the d/w over a year (which was my biggest gripe because it wasn't even 2 years old). I didn't even have to get another Frigidaire - I got a new Kenmore! :) ANyway ... I read your article - how awesome!! And is your last name really GREEN?? - how appropriate :)

Mamma James said...

I am thankful that I got to enjoy that fondue and fellowship w/ you! It was amazing...the food, encouragement and fire.

I've said for years, God makes my children sleep so that I can look at their precious little faces and remember just how much I love them! (I usually remind myself of this on the hard days!)