Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Virginia Soaps and Scents -- A Review

Well, I ummm . . . should have written this review a wee bit ago. Yikes. But it doesn’t reflect a negative opinion of Virginia Soaps and Scents, quite the opposite.

Picture64

In fact, I am very sad because the soaps are on their last suds.

October 2 003

Sadness.

I’ve been contemplating making a little purchase from Virginia Soaps to put in my own Christmas stocking. Does that reflect how much I like these soaps?

October 2 007

Because I am part of the Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Review Crew, we received these handcrafted soaps in the mail (a few months back).

October 2 013

The Granola boys were so excited to have something delivered to our house that didn’t require Mommy reading the instructions. They were allowed to have instant gratification.

October 2 008

Literally, they were given a hands-on experience that immediately produced glorious results through the medium of suds, delicious aromas, and personally choosing what soap went in what bathroom.

October 2 018

This was a very unique product review because normally through the Crew we look at curriculum to be used in the “classroom.” However, Virginia Hand Soaps is an example of the “classroom” being applied in real life.

The story behind Virginia Soaps is quite unique and inspiring. The Spargurs are:

a homeschooling family with nine children living in rural Virginia. Our interest in soap making began with a history lesson and developed into an artistic passion. Our soaps are made with all natural oils – no added chemicals. Each bar is hand cut, so no two are exactly the same.

In the sample pack we received there were mini bars of Oatmeal & Milk & Honey Soap, Fresh Orange Soap, Coconut Lemongrass Soap, a Ginger Lime Shampoo Bar, and a Laundry Soap Kit.

October 2 015

We typically have foamy soap in our bathrooms, so it was novel for the boys to actually use a bar to wash their hands. I will admit that it has been difficult to keep the sink “deck” free of soap scum. However, after perusing the Virginia Soap website, I noticed that they sell a “handmade white poplar tray that will keep your soap high and dry for only $2.50!”

I have been impressed with how long our hand soap has lasted in the bathroom—at least double the length of time that our soap pump produces suds. So, if I purchased a Christmas scented hand soap from Virginia Soap, I could be reminded of Jesus well into March for $4.50 (a dollar less than the soap pump we go through each month)! That is a savings indeed!

October 2 014

I would strongly encourage you to visit the Virginia Soaps and Scents website to learn about the history of soap, the production process behind Virginia Soap, and learn about their VERY UNIQUE shampoo bar!

I loved this review and the products we received from Virginia Soaps and Scents. You better believe that I am going to try and find any excuse to purchase from this neat homeschooling family!

Click on the Homeschool Crew banner to read other reviews on this product

As a member of the Homeschool Crew, I was given this product to review, and I do not have to return the product to the vendor. I was not paid for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are delightfully mine.

0 comments: